Sara A. Cope, CCP
Sara A. Cope has been a consultant since 1996 concentrating in the design and development of Total Rewards Systems. She has created, developed and implemented unique solutions for clients in base pay programs, sales incentive plans, management incentive plans, executive compensation plans, benefits programs and total reward systems. Ms. Cope has also managed the selection and installation process for HR information systems. She has taught courses and seminars in compensation practices and served on the steering committees of a number of salary surveys. Her client list includes Avid Technologies, Banyan Systems, Dataware Technologies, Dun and Bradstreet Software, Eastman Kodak, Hill, Holiday, Cosmopolous, MIT Health Services, Nypro, Inc., and Watson-Wyatt Worldwide.
Her past work includes:
- Developed, designed and implemented a global reward systems framework including universal position descriptions, employee classifications, and management bonus system for premier plastics manufacturer
- Developed base pay programs in highly competitive software industry, including survey participation and analysis, competitive analysis, and merit spend programs
- Designed and conducted customized salary surveys in variety of industries, including advertising, software, and manufacturing
- Wrote communications programs, training manuals and program documentation
- Wrote and implemented human resources policy manuals
- Designed specifications, reviewed bids, selected and implemented transition to self-insured health insurance plans
- Led HR activities associated with mergers and acquisitions
Prior to her work as a consultant, Ms. Cope was the Vice President of Human Resources for ecCubed and Eastman Software. She was also the Director of Americas Manufacturing Human Resources for Digital Equipment Corporation. In a 10 year career at DEC, Ms. Cope’s other assignments included Manager of Human Resources for Computer Special Systems,
U.S. Pay Programs Manager and US Field Sales and Service Pay Programs Manager. Prior to DEC, she worked in various Human Resources capacities for Data General Corporation, CR Bard, Inc., Hitchiner Manufacturing, Inc. and Symmes Hospital. Ms. Cope holds a BA from Hofstra University and an MA from Northeastern University. She is a Certified Compensation
Professional, and is also a Certified Mediator.
During her professional career, Ms. Cope also served as a member of the Board of Directors and President of a large Homeowners association and was a member of the Board of Directors, Vice President and Treasurer of The Greater Lovell Land Trust.