Many organizations fail to maximize the potential contributions their boards can make to advance their missions. In part, the problem involves a lack of clarity and agreement on the roles and function of the board.
COPE uses a structured development process that helps boards become an organization's greatest asset. We help organizations define their board/staff goals, roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures, and interactions. We help organizations become successful by passing on techniques for recruitment and retention of top board members, mobilizing boards, defining roles productively, and producing measurable results. We also provide services that include:
- Facilitation of board and board-management retreats
- Resolution of board conflicts
- Designing and conducting board training programs
- Executive coaching for senior staff in board management and development
- Developing board recruitment plans, orientation programs, and handbooks
COPE has worked with the boards of numerous organizations and has facilitated greater board engagement and involvement to help those organizations achieve MORE.